Posts Tagged ‘Detroit News’
Bourbon On The Rocks
Yes, I Am.
Bourbon On The Rocks is back for Monday Feb-26-2018 and this is what Duke is yapping about.
* Duke is BACK after a 7 day facebook jail sentence for posting a picture of the Parkland, Florida shooter. He talks about why FB and Zuck kinda suck.
* Now the kids of Parkland are saying that the Sheriff is not responsible for the dept not following up with the shooter it is the Governor. Why are they saying this?
* Michigan roads are crumbling but it is NOT because of lack of money. Michigan in 2016 passed the LARGEST TAX INCREASE to fund roads. How it is being spent is the question.
Also THIS DAY IN HISTORY and much more on BOTR on FTR.
Subscribe to Bourbon On The Rocks on i-tunes here
Like the Bourbon On The Rocks Facebook Page Here
Bourbon On The Rocks
Gods Speed Officer Weathers
Bourbon On The Rocks 300th EPISODE is up and rocking for Feb-14-2018 and this is what is on tap.
* Another Detroit Police officer died in the line of duty yesterday. Officer Darren Weathers was killed on a training exercise in the city. Another grim reminder of the heavy burden first responders have. The Detroit News has the story here.
* Erica Hammell and her son Wyatt made a BIG leap yesterday. The bill named after Wyatt to help track those that harm children PASSED the State Senate committee to go to the floor for a vote. Wyatt’s law has a long road to go and this is a great first step and Duke talks about what you can do to help Erica get this passed.
* Paczki Coney was tried from American Coney and it was DELICIOUS. Duke talks about what he and AMERICAS PLUMBER conquered on Fat Tuesday in Detroit and beyond.
All this PLUS a great THIS DAY IN HISTORY and much more for BOTR on FTR.
Bourbon On The Rocks
Bourbon On The Rocks for Wednesday, January 31, 2018 has the State Of The Union and more………
* President Donald Trump gives his first State Of The Union speech and goes over how he sees things in his first year of office. Duke goes over how he did and what he talked about. Fox News Story
* Michigan State University hires former Michigan Governor John Engler as interm President to clean up after the Larry Nassar mess and students backlash. Do they know why they are backlashing?
* Everyone in Metro Detroit has been anxiously awaiting the Unity Dinner and it has been postponed until a better scam errrrr date can be picked. Can we ever expect to actually have unity with PPP and Denny McLain? We can only hope.
All this and more, plus THIS DAY IN HISTORY on Bourbon On The Rocks on FTR Radio.
Bourbon On The Rocks
Bourbon Is BACK and Duke has a brand new this day in history.
Also Paul Croteau comes into town for a Tigers game and Duke and Paul do 15 minutes of FACEBOOK LIVE during the game.
Also Kavans has a great $5 dollar burger and fries deal but Duke has no game with the ladies and why do we want to throw people in jail for smoking a plant? Duke comments on a Detroit News Article that could be problematic for everyday citizens.
All this and more for the Tuesday June-28-2016 edition of Bourbon On the Rocks
Michigan Gives Up
By T. LaDuke
Just .85 cents worth of difference between these guys Mark Schauer (L) and Gov Rick Snyder (R)
Michigan last night just gave up.
Sorry MI-GOP but it is true. Last night under the leadership of Gov “Relentless Positive Action” you just let the Democrats own you for eternity.
The GOP legislature led by the Guv passed Minimum Wage hike to $9.25 to TRY and prevent a ballot proposal to raise it to $10.10. The spin from the GOP is that the $10.10 increase phased in until 2017 is DEVASTATING to the economy while the $9.25 increase phased in until 2018 will be easier on business. For those keeping score at home that is a .85 cent difference.
They both will kill jobs.
The GOP can’t even participate in a debate about entry level job wages becasue they don’t actually believe what they say during elections about bringing jobs to Michigan. You see the difference between 9.25 and 10.10 is .85 cents. Yet one is palatable for business and the other isn’t if you listen to the spin/dribble from the GOP.
That is really the argument they are making. A .85 cents per hour increase over what they proposed was going to tank the economy. Never-mind that raising the wage at ALL from the current $7.40 up $1.85 a hr is not a great plan either but add on that extra .85 cents and we might become Illinois.
Scratch that. We are Illinois without the Mayor of the largest city who used to do ballet.
Let me real quick do a numbers breakdown for my friends who might not understand why this is bad. Under the 40 hr work week ( Which Obamacare is destroying but that is another post) the current wage of $7.40 a hr produces $15,392 dollars per year. The new GOP rate of eventually $9.25 will produce $19,240 and the one the Dems wanted at $10.10 will be at $21,008. ( I will leave out the auto increases tied to inflation being I don’t want to have a stroke)
So the GOP just supported a additional burden on business of $3,848. Now the argument is that the ballot proposal the Dems wanted will add $5,616 more to business a year so that is REALLY REALLY bad, but business will be able to handle the almost $4000 increase the GOP did becasue????????????? Magic? Love? Pure Michigan ads?
Hell is there any doubt the CEO of Gateway Rick Snyder would pack up and move to China if he were to face this increase? ( See kids that is how mindless rhetoric works and you will never win that unless you fight it)
The GOP braintrust will argue that they got ahead of a bad deal and are saving jobs. All wage increases kill jobs. All. If you can’t have a very public debate about this shame on you. If you do and lose being the ballot proposal passes than the state tanks and your hands are clean. You bury the Dems for a generation and you did it on principle not political expediency becasue there is a election this November and you really want to be liked.
Michigan has done this the past 4 years under Gov Snyder in regards to expanding Government………
and a Michigan taxpayer bailout of Detroit
now add passing this min wage hike and it is clear there is no difference between the two parties on substantial issues.
Well maybe a .85 cent difference.
Vote them out.
Warning: include(/home/oqevattvfnss/public_html/wp-content/themes/FTRv4_3/inc/nav.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oqevattvfnss/public_html/wp-content/themes/FTRv4_3/archive.php on line 46
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/oqevattvfnss/public_html/wp-content/themes/FTRv4_3/inc/nav.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear') in /home/oqevattvfnss/public_html/wp-content/themes/FTRv4_3/archive.php on line 46